FAVORITES

High end boutique shopping in Chicago

June 8, 2011

Exclusive boutiques for some high end shopping in Chicago?

Favorite

June 9, 2011

Salchira's answer about things to do in Chicago

Hi,

When it comes to shopping, Chicago is one of the best in the country! The city boasts of top notch quality boutiques. The best part of shopping in Chicago is the concentration of the best stores at one location. 

Shopping (Source: Jenn Deering Davis) 

Shopping

Shopping in the neighbourhood area in Chicago is a unique experience for any shopper. The areas of Bucktown and Wicker Park offers myriad of exclusive high-end boutiques. You will be spoilt for choices at these two places when it comes to fashion. 

Here are some of the best high-end boutiques in Chicago......

1. Ikram  (Recommended)

Ikram is a woman's fashion boutique located in Gold Coast, high-end boutique neighbourhood of Chicago. It is owned by Ikram Goldman. The selection of clothing here includes the collections from world famous designers like Alexander McQueen, Jean Paul Gaultier, Comme des Garçons and Yohji Yamamoto. They have large shoe collections from Jimmy Choo and other designers. Other exclusive items include bags, jewelleries, vintage clothing and accessories. 

Ikram

alexander Mcqueen (Source: Payal Jaggi) 

Here are some of the reviews by fashion shoppers:

Ikram is a fashionista's heaven. Although expensive, the often-couture pieces are hard to come by. Ikram puts Chicago on the fashion map with brands that are even hard to find in NY and LA. If you have an unlimited budget and need a gown, head here.

(Source: Ikram - Near North Side - Chicago, IL) 

I recently visited this store during a business stopover in Chicago. I was recommended to visit the store by friends from Boston and Los Angeles who knew of the store from articles in fashion magazines. I was in search of something simple and fun for my wife...and I found EXACTLY what she wanted (or so she tells me...). The proprietor, Ikram, also got involved in the decision making...a true blessing for someone (me) who knows very little about clothes or what is hot this season. I must have spent an hour browsing all the racks with Ikram's team and we somehow narrowed down the choice to a beautiful and practical cocktail dress. I could have bought more but I think the next step is a return visit...with my wife. Great merchandise and a friendly and helpful staff. Kudos!

(Source: Ikram - Chicago, IL, 60611 - Citysearch) 

For more on the boutique, visit their website.

Hours: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday (by appointment)

Contact Details:

873 North Rush Street, Chicago, Illinois 60611

Tel: (312) 587-1000

Fax: (312) 587-1407

2. Sarca (Recommended)

Sarca is a fairly new boutique opened just a couple of years ago by Alexis Cozzini. This is an upscale fashion boutique with an European flair. The boutique carries exclusive collections from European designers. 

Sarca

(Source: SARCA Chicag) 

More on the boutique:

Alexis Cozzini loves the feeling of discovering a fashion find on vacation and knowing that no one else back home will have it. And that’s the vibe she’s going for at this new Gold Coast boutique. The upscale women’s clothing shop is packed with exclusive lines from all over the world: Markus Lupfer (Germany), Zimmermann (Australia), Pura Lopez (Spain) and Alberto Fasciani (Italy). You’ll also find accessory and jewelry lines from British designers Jane Carr and Bex Rox as well as one-of-a-kind vintage pieces from New Yorker Randy Clare. Prices range from $198–$595, so you’re definitely paying for the exclusivity.

(Source: Sarca - Shopping - Time Out Chicago) 

Named after a river that runs through Cozzini’s family’s house in Italy, Sarca only orders small samplings of each piece of clothing, ensuring exclusivity for Chicago clients.

When opening Sarca boutique, owner Alexis Cozzini began collecting a mix of exclusive finds that were inspired from travel, fashion shows around the world and international magazines.

Other services such as personal shopping and styling, tailoring, private events and special orders are available at this upscale women's boutique.

(Source: Sarca - Chicago, IL, 60611 - StyleChicago.com) 

Learn more about the boutique from Sarca's website.

Hours: Tuesday through Saturday - 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Sunday - 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. 

Contact Details: 

710 N. Wabash, Chicago, IL 60611 

Tel: 312 255 0900

E-mail: info@shopsarca.com 

3. Helen Yi

The collections at Helen Yi are trendy, contemporary and sophisticated. The boutique stocks items from designers like Chloe, Derek Lam and Barbara Bui among many others. This loft like boutique has a minimalist approach. 

Located in the Bucktown/Wicker Park area, Helen Yi fits right in with the neighborhood's unique, trendy and artsy feel.

From well-known designers such as Chloe and Derek Lam to Chicago's own design talent, the selection inside Helen Yi's loft-like space covers a wide range of styles - but all pieces are contemporary and chic.

Need a new pair of pinstripe pants for work? Want a new silk tank for some springtime cocktails? This ever-upscale boutique has got you covered.

In addition to beautiful clothing, Helen Yi also carries fabulous accessories such as jewelry and handbags.

Fashionistas searching for something truly unique will breathe a sigh of relief after stumbling upon such a well-edited selection of exclusive fashion finds!

(Source: Helen Yi - Chicago, IL, 60647 - StyleChicago.com) 

Helen Yi

North & Damen Aves. (Source: David Wilson) 

Review given by a shopper:

I'm pretty underwhelmed by the boutiques on Damen Avenue, but this one is a few cuts above. The clothing is well-made and the selection is well-curated, striking a decent balance between flattering staples and stunning-if-you're-19.

Another thing I like, and your mileage may vary here: sizes run small for Chicago. I'm short, 5'4", and small, and I have a problem finding clothes. I get sick of paying a lot for crap that looks like crap on me, or paying a lot for decently-made stuff that still looks like crap on me. Here, I get less of that playing-dress-up-in-mommy's-clothes feeling.

Service is also good. The manicured salesladies behind the counter don't bat an eyelash when I stroll in here looking like a dirty bum. They are helpful when you need them, but they know when to leave you alone. They've been pretty honest about what looks good on me and what doesn't.

The down side to this store, and isn't there always a down side, is that prices are high. Sales help a bit, but you won't see any crazy clearances. It's also trend-heavy, so beware of things that will look dated in a year.

However: I found a great all-purpose black dress here which does my body a million favors. This genius item not only gives the misleading impression that I have curves, it even looks a bit better on me when I'm out of shape. I'll pay extra for that level of magic.

(Source: Helen Yi - Wicker Park - Chicago, IL) 

Hours: Monday through Saturday - 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Sunday - 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Contact Details: 

1645 North Damen, Chicago, Illinois, 60647

Tel: 773 252 3838

Fax: 773 252 3889

E-mail: info@helenyi.com

Helen Yi - 1

Chicago River (Source: Tim) 

I hope you like my suggestions! If you require any other information for your travel, do let us know. We could provide you with suggestions on sight-seeing, restaurants, accommodations and a whole lot more. We are happy to help!

Cheers,

Salchira

Answered by My life is all about keeping in touch with my personal self. I spend my time painting, cooking, surfing the net and of course travelling. Salchira Mrong Marak

Related Destinations

Comments

Get help from travel specialists
Please fill your preferences so that our travel specialists can contact you.

Trip Details
Destinations
Departure Date
No. of days
Additional Requirements

Contact Details
First Name
Last Name
Email ID
Phone Number
Your city of Residence
Submit Request
Mygola promise: We respect your privacy. We will share your request with a maximum of 3 travel specialists. We will not sell your data and we will not spam you.