Jawhar is a city and a municipal council in Thane district in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is about 166 km from Mumbai and 80 km from the city of Nasik. 1.Urban co-operative Bank(Atm), 2.Thana Bank(Atm), 3.HDFC Bank Atm 4.State Bank(Atm) 5.Axies Bank atm 6.Maharashtra Bank(Atm) 7.State Bank Of Hydrabad(Atm) Collector Office,Tahasil Office,Panchayat Samiti,Abhiyanta office,Bandkam vibhag Office,municipality. The princely state of Jawhar was originally founded in 1343 AD. As a princely state, it became a part of Bombay Presidency during the British Raj and was given a 9-gun salute status. The last ruler of Jawhar at Indian independence was Raja Patang Shah V (Yashswant Rao) Mukne, a koli Kshatriya. Jawhar is located at 19°55′N 73°14′E / 19.92°N 73.23°E / 19.92; 73.23. It has an average elevation of 447 metres (1466 feet). According to the 2001 India census, Jawhar had a population of 11,296. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Jawhar has an average literacy rate of 72%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 77%, and female literacy is 66%. In Jawhar, 14% of the population is under 6 years of age. The Thane district is under proposal to be divided and a separate Jawhar District be carved out of existing Thane district with the inclusion of the northern tribal talukas of Thane district which include Palghar, Vada, Vikramgad, Jawhar, Mokhada, Dahanu and Talasari talukas in the proposed Jawhar district. The palace was built by Raje Yashwant Rao Maukane. The stone used for this is syinite which was brought from Kalidhond which is 5 kilometres (3.1 mi) away from its location. It is said that when the work of palace was completed, the quarry from which the stone was extracted was destroyed. The Geological Department of the Government of India has undertaken a survey to discover its location.The palace is a master piece of pink stone. There is a beautiful garden of Kaju. On the east side of the city, approximately 1 to 2 kilometres (0.62 to 1.24 mi) from the heart of the city there was an old temple of Maruti which, because of its location deep in the forest, was known as Katya Maruti mandir. The temple is surrounded by a 500-foot (150 m)-deep valley on three sides. On the east side of the city from nearly 1 to 2 km from the heart of the city there was an old temple of maruti which was surrounded by dark forest of cactus, thus known as Katya Maruti mandir.Ahead of mandir there is a vally .The temple is surrounded by vally from three side. the vally is nearly 500 feet deep As the development is done the temple is renovated and now it is known as hanuman Point. From this point at the time of night we can see the lights of train in Kasara ghat in day we can see historical fort of Shahapur Maholi.Early in the morning the vally of mountains are covered with dark fog slightly we can say that every where is water .But as the fog disappears we can see beautiful greenry .Just after that we can see the sun rays rising from behind the hill.The vally also known as Devkobacha Kada Among this our freedom fighter and most beloved Veer Savarkar also lives here in his childhood . The hanuman point (Sunrise Point ) is there a most beautiful place from where we can see sunrise beautiful vally, high hills & the Royal Jaivilas Palace. The site has undergone recent development, and has come to be known as Hanuman Point. Approximately 0.5 kilometres (0.31 mi) west of the heart of the city is Sunset Point, so named because of the views of the sunset available from this high point at the end of a valley.Sunset Point is the natural attractive point in Jawhar.The place is picturesque and the ambience is cool and clam.The view of sunset is thezenith faraway in the distance, is a wonderful eye catching view.Tourists visiting this special sunset platform never miss the opportunity of this breathtaking view. The Shirpamal,a structure created at the top of a hill, is said to have been built three centuries ago when Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj chose to camp here en route to surat.It is the very place where the first Vikramshah,the king of Jawhar kingdom had welcomed Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj and put a feather in his crown. Built in 1956 by the Royal Family,this dam is silent witness to the royal family's dedication for their subject's well being.One cannot forget the entire cost of building this dam was borne by the royal family,even after their royal facilities were discontinued by the government. It is the 100 meter heightst natures miracle.the waterfall is for 365 days.it is a natural waterfall whole beauty will enthrall you.one of the best known spots for trekking,rock climbing and even rappelling. Khakhad is the biggest dam In Jawhar so Big.This is one of the major dams near jawhar city with beautiful sceinic locations.The place provides a peaceful natural ambience to soothe a tired mind & body.besides this excess water of dam flows through the huge rocks(just ahead the dam) which can be seen in form of a waterfall.We are sure,its beauty will absolutely enthrall you!! Jawhar State  was a Maratha princely state in India. As a princely state, it became a part of Bombay Presidency during the British Raj. The last Princely Ruler of Jawhar at Indian independence was Raja Patang Shah V (Yeswant Rao) Mukne. The coat of arms consisted of a shield in three parts; dexter, tenne a dexter fist holding two crossed arrows (points dexter) and a bow, all argent; sinister, argent a round shield sable bordured or, in the chief argent, a sword or pointed sinister. The flag was a rectangular saffron swallow-tail with a star of eleven rays, yellow in the canton. In 1306, Jayabha Mukne, a Poligar, took possession of the fort at Jawhar. His elder son, Dulbarrao, expanded his patrimony and conquered a large territory, controlling 22 forts, comprising most of the Nasik and Thana districts, and yielding annual revenues valued at £90,000. He received recognition as ruler by Sultan Muhammad bin Tughlaq, receiving the new name of Nimshah and the hereditary title of Raja on 5 June 1343. This event was marked by the creation of a new calendar era used within the state for over six hundred years. The grandson of Nimshah, Deobarrao, fought a battle with the Bahmani Sultan Ahmad Shah I Wali. During his capture at Bidar, he fell in love with the Sultan's daughter. The marriage was solemnised after he converted to Islam and took the name Muhammad Shah. He returned to Jawhar and continued to rule his state unmolested, for the rest of his life. At his death, the powerful Hindu sardars and nobles refused to recognise his son as his successor, on account of his Muslim faith. In his stead, they chose the Hindu grandson of Holkarrao, the younger brother of Nimshah. Thereafter, his Hindu descendants ruled the little state in relative peace until the advent of the Maratha power. Raja Vikramshah I met Shivaji at Shirpaumal, during the latter's march to Surat and then joined him in the plunder of that city in 1664. However, he soon fell-out with the Marathas. From then on, the Marathas slowly and steadily tightened their grip on the Mukne rulers, annexing district after district and imposing ever-increasing taxes, levies and fines. They took control of the state in 1742, 1758 and 1761. Each time releasing control to the Mukne family on condition that territories were ceded and the tribute increased. In 1782 the Raja was allowed to retain for himself, a land-locked territory in the hills, yielding no more than £1,500 to £2,000 p.a. The advent of British rule brought a degree of stability unknown for more than a century. However, development was extremely slow, given the low level of revenue receipts and haphazard organisation of the administration. Little or no improvements were made until the reign of Patangshah IV. An enlightened and well-educated ruler, he immediately set about improving conditions, streamlining the government, building roads, schools and dispensaries. At his death in 1905, conditions had improved beyond measure. The relatively short reigns of Patangshah's two sons, Krishnashah V and Vikramshah V, also saw steady improvements. The last named was especially diligent in improving the agricultural sector, constructing wells, securing lad rights and improving the infrastructure of the state. He contributed substantially towards the war effort during the Great War, and received a 9-gun salute in recognition of his services. His early death in 1926 ushered in a ten-year regency for his son, Yeshwantrao Patangshah V. The latter assumed full ruling powers in 1938, having received perhaps the best education by any member of his family. He continued the good work achieved under the regency by expanding development activity, encouraging the chemical, paper, textile, dyeing, printing, liquor and starch industries. The state provided free primary schooling and medical relief, ran both middle and high schools, a central library and museum, hospital and maternity home, and provided touring dispensaries for the rural areas. At the outbreak of the Second World War, the Raja immediately volunteered for service and served for four years with the RIAF. Yeshwantrao Patangshah V assumed the title of Maharaja, shortly before he signed the instrument of accession to the Dominion of India in 1947. He then merged his state into the Bombay Presidency early in the following year. The Maharaja Medal (Maharaja Padak), awarded in a single class, was instituted by Maharaja Yeshwantrao Patangshah V in 1947 to commemorate his assumption of the title of Maharaja and to reward those who had served the state during his reign. Patangshah V then embarked on a political career, was a member of the national parliament and the state assembly. He died in 1978 and was succeeded by his only son, Digvijaysinhrao. The latter died in 1992, leaving his only son, Mahendrasinhrao, to represent his line.