FAVORITES

Moderately priced hotels in Yosemite National Park

December 19, 2011

I am going to be in Yosemite National Park from 2012-06-22 to 2012-06-24. I need suggestions for what all I should see.
I need help with hotels, budget for accommodation is moderate.
I am traveling with kids - 2 toddlers.

Favorite

December 20, 2011

Shaiju's answer about accommodation in Yosemite and Yosemite Valley
Accommodation

Wow! A weekend to Yosemite National Park located at East Central California is full of fun and adventure.

This national park that is spread across 761,268 acres is marked as a World Heritage Site and it is internationally known for its lush green wilderness which is about 95% of the park, clear water streams, lakes, ponds, water falls, granite cliffs etc. 

Yosemite National Park is known world wide for activities like trekking, rock climbing, hiking, horse riding, camping etc, therefore you will see people coming from all over the world during the seasons.

Finding the right accommodation for you is a huge task as there are several options available. I have found couple of options that might be of interest to you. Please scroll down to read my recommendations.

Yosemite National Park (Source: Randy Lemoine)

1. Wawona Hotel

Wawona Hotel is a National Historic Landmark located in Yosemite just few miles away from the south entrance of the National Park.

This beautiful Victorian-style lodge is surrounded by lush green meadows and rushing streams cradled between the majestic Yosemite Valley and Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias. 

The rooms are decorated with period furniture with a Victorian touch and has all the major amenities required to make your stay comfortable. This is one place where you can have some great time with your family and friends.

Here is a guest review:

The picture perfect main lodge with its Victorian furniture and fixtures is where we checked in and dined. They provided free coffee and cookies during the day and entertainment (a very good pianist) a couple of the nights we were there. The staff was very friendly and provided excellent service.

Overall, staying at the Wowona Hotel enhanced our experience at Yosemite. We had a great time and would recommend staying there. You do trade-in the opportunity to stay in newer rooms, have better heat and newer bathroom fixtures for the experience of staying at such an interesting and historic place.

(Source: TripAdvisor)

Wawona Hotel

Yosemite – Wawona Hotel – Color (Source: fortherock)

Address: 9009 Lost Arrow Road, Yosemite National Park, CA 95389

Tele: (209) 375-6556

Check In / Check Out: 12:00 / 12:00

Rates: $155.00 per night

You can do your room bookings here.

2. Curry Village

Curry Village is a beautiful camping site with tents and cabins which was opened in 1899 by the proud owners David and Jenny Curry. The Curry couple wanted to make available to the visitors the beauty of Yosemite in a very decent and affordable price.

Curry Village

Curry Village in Yosemite Valley before sunrise 2 (Source: Miguel Vieira)

This beautiful place is located right in the heart of Yosemite, below the towering majesty of Half Dome and Glacier Point. Curry Village cabins offer guests a unique and magnificent place to stay and they have a choice of choosing a Canvas Tent, Wooden Cabin and Stoneman Standard Rooms.

The rooms have every basic amenities available for its guests and one can have a great time staying here with your friends and family.

Here is a guest review:

I like Curry Village, especially in the Winter when it's quiet outside and warm inside. I prefer the cabins to the tents, and have enjoyed ice skating, skiing at nearby Badger Pass, walking through the Valley, and enjoying a nice dinner at the Ahwahnee or other spots.

During the summer, Camp Curry has lots to do, but like everything else in the Valley, it's way too crowded. But watch out for any falling rocks! However, the rows and rows of tent cabins make me feel that I'm living in the Projects. A better idea would have been to get away from the crowd in Tuolumne Meadows and eventually onward to Mono Lake.

(Source: yelp.com)

Curry Village - 1

Unser Zelt (Canvas Tent Cabin) im Curry Village (Source: mindgrow)

Address: 9010 Curry Village Dr., Yosemite National Park, CA 95389

Tele: (559) 253-5635

Check In / Check Out: 12:00 / 12:00

Rates: $134.00 - $142.00 per night

You can do your room bookings here.

White Wolf Lodge is a small complex with 24 canvas tent cabins and four hard-sided cabins with private baths overlooking the forest at Yosemite. The cabins are quite spacious and comfortable with all the basic amenities to make your stay comfortable.

All the major attractions, camping sites, hiking trails etc are quite nearby, and this is one great place to be one with the nature and have a good time with your family and friends.

Here is a guest review:

We spent two nights at White Wolf (with my husband and another couple). I love this place! White Wolf "Lodge" is a summer-only enclave of canvas tents located a mile or two off of Tioga Pass (Highway 120) in the high country of Yosemite. The cement-floor tents are equipped with four beds (or one double and two singles), with sheets, wool blankets and comforters, towels, a table, 4 simple chairs and a wood burning stove to ward off the chilly nights. There is no electricity in the tents, but you're provided with two candles, plus the wood for the stove. The Lodge is an ideal location for day-hikes in the high country, allowing you to come back to a comfortable camp at night.

(Source: TripAdvisor)

White Wolf Lodge

White Wolf Lodge, Yosemite (Source: Yosemite_Park)

Address: Tioga Rd, Yosemite National Park, CA 95321

Tele: (559) 253-5635

Check In / Check Out: 12:00 / 12:00

Rates: $107.00 per night.

You can do your room bookings here.

Reflection of a stone bridge over the Merced River in Yosemite National Park (Source: Frank Kovalchek)

Hope the above information was of help to you.

In case you need any further information please feel free to write back to us.

Have a nice weekend.

Regards

Shaiju

December 21, 2011

Abhishree's answer about things to do in Yosemite, Mariposa Grove Rd and Yosemite Valley
Things to See

Yosemite National Park is a beautiful place which offers a lot of interesting things to do for all age groups.So, even if you are with your cute kids , don't bother with their toys , because Yosemite National Park has a lot to offer which not only will entertain them but also will give them something to remember when they grow up.

Yosemite waterfalls is the tallest waterfall in north America .With its 2425ft drop,its also the fifth  tallest in the world.It is a breathtaking site.I am sure you and your kids have seen waterfalls in postcards and movies but  there is nothing quite like watching massive amounts of water fall a few thousand feet in real.

Yosemite Falls

(Source: chrisstreeter)

A visitor had to say this about the falls-

This is a great hike! We did this trail a few years back and it is gorgeous! Any place in Yosemite really is just breathtaking, but Yosemite Falls is a site to see.It's best after the Winter season when their is lots of water flowing!...just don't too soon or you may get icy roads :)

(Source: Yosemite Falls - Yosemite National Park, CA - Kid friendly activity reviews - Trekaroo)

Mariposa Grove contains about 500 mature giant sequoias.Sequoias are perhaps the largest living things on earth. With variating shapes,they are more than 50 feet around, and reach up over 300 feet seemingly to touch the sky. The kids will be amazed to see these never ending trees in real.

Parking is strictly limited here so I would suggest you to take the free shuttle from Wawona General store which departs every fifteen minutes from 9:00AM  to 4:30PM

Mariposa Grove

Sequoia (Source: John Loo)

A visitor had to say this about the place-

I loved all the beautiful scenery and how well planed out it is. All you need is a good GPS or the Map they give on admission to the park and your in good no getting lost on the roads of this park. There is something for everyone here.

(Source: Mariposa Grove - Yosemite National Park, California - Yahoo! Travel)

Address: 27 miles S Yosemite Valley Wawona

Contact: +1 209 372 0200

Open Hours: Everyday from 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM

3. Tunnel View

Tunnel View provides you with the most breathtaking and spectacular sight.It has received its name because it is the first view of the valley after exiting the tunnel. Dont forget to carry your camera because the scenery is so picture perfect.

Tunnel View

(Source: Chase Lindberg Photography)

The tunnel view is simply breathtaking. Especially if you enter the park from the South entrance... you go through a tunnel... and this is your first view of the mightly Yosemite. Absolutely stunning. I only wish they make it easier for people to pull over and soak the view in.

(Source: Tunnel View - Yosemite National Park, California - Yahoo! Travel)

Address:  9039 Village Dr.  Yosemite National Park, CA 95389, United States

Contact: +1 209 372 1000

Open Hours: Everyday From 12:00 AM to 12:00 AM ( I would suggest you go on weekdays , its less crowded then)

Closing Notes

Yosemite National Park is a beautiful place. I hope you have a lot of fun with your family.For any further questions please feel free to write to us again. We ll be happy to help.

Have a great trip!

Cheers

Abhishree

Answered by Author,Screenplay /Story writer and Movie-maker besides being an avid traveler. I M DA BEST person to help U with UR travel plans ;) Shaiju Mathew

Answered by Girl From India Who Loves travelling, writing and reading. Abhishree Aman

Related Destinations

Comments