FAVORITES

Motorbike rental in Siem Reap

December 21, 2009

where can I rent a motorbike in Siem Reap close to my hotel that'll allow me to drive to angkor at 5am?

Favorite

December 22, 2009

Hi,

Following a lot of tourist accidents, tourists can no longer drive themselves. There might be some people who offer to rent you bikes but this is illegal, so avoid renting.

You have the following choices:

• TUK TUK : Tuk tuk can be rented for a full day for $6. You can ask any tuk tuk driver to take you around for a day. They might ask for a little extra for coming early in the morning. Choose the one which has cushions and is a two seater. Here are 3 reliable tuk tuk drivers, have very good reviews from previous travelers.
    • Mr. Borin +855-12628145
    • Savuth +855-12857218
    • Sotheara at +855-12694318 
    • (If dialing from a local Cambodia number, replace +855 with a 0)
  • BICYCLE : The best way to rent a bicycle is to ask the reception desk of your hotel. They will be happy to rent it to you and will adjust the same in your room rent itself or else they will charge $1-2 for a day. There are a lot of shops in Psar Chaa (Old Market) which will also rent you bicycles for the same rent. To support a cause also on your trip, contact 'The White Bicycles'. They take the same rent but 0.5 dollar goes to the needy. You can see their website which is thewhitebicycle.org Their contact details are as follows :
  • Ken Oishi : +855 92 33 27 30
  • Sarath Vin : +855 92 81 59 88

There are a lot of hotels supporting "The White Bicycles". Some hotels which support this cause are : Villa Siem Reap, Baca Villa, Bou Savy, Earthwalkers, Jasmine Lodge, Peace of Angkor, Rosy Guesthouse, La Paier de Tigre Hotel, Soria Moria Boutique Hotel, River Garden, European guesthouse, My home guest house, Babel guesthouse, Golden Banana boutique hotel.
MAKE SURE YOU TAKE THE LOCK ALSO WITH THE BICYCLE FROM THE PLACE YOU RENT IT. ALSO, NEVER LEAVE ANY BAG IN THE BICYCLE BASKET.

For a detailed bicycle tour with the maps to follow, visit this link : http://www.travelfish.org/feature/171

• MOTO TAXI : There are people who are ready to drive you around on their bikes for $6-8  per day. They are called moto taxis. You will have to hire two which will eventually cost you $ 12-15 which is not a good deal at all. However, if you want convenience, you can consider this option.

Let me know, if you need something else.

Cheers,

Sneha.

Answered by I love photography, creative arts and of course, travel. I also like to obsessively find the best deals around. That often means my friends turn to me when they're planning travel. Sneha Vachhaney

Related Destinations

Comments

Search Hotels

SEARCH HOTELS