FAVORITES

Nightclubs and bar hotels in Chicago

April 25, 2012

Girls Vacation to Chicago in July. Looking for unique bar hotel restaurant suggestions -- go! I am taking train from MI arriving AM of July 20 maybe @palomar. 6+ girls want to dance/drink on the cheap
I'm based in Deabrorn, Michigan

World  •  Chicago
Favorite

April 26, 2012

Chakshu's answer about nightlife in Chicago
Nightlife

Heya !

Chicago, the home of jazz and blues, the heart of comedy and the idea behind a skyscraper. Being a hub of many entertaining activities, Chicago has always found favor with many people who like to visit time and again.

(Source: Dave Gough)

Since, you are interested in hanging out with friends, I have listed some of the best places where you can drink..

1. Club Foot (Recommended)

Price Range: $

Club Foot is a neighbourhood dive bar located in Ukrainian Village, where you can get cheap drinks. The best nights are on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. The DJ here spins punk and rock music mostly from the 70's and 80's.

Read what the club goers have to say:

Its a dive but its my kind of dive. It might be 2012 but clearly the bartenders haven't left 1996 and I love it! They have a pretty decent beer selection, the bathroom is as good as can be expected with plenty of pictures on the wall to look at. Patrons are nice, the music is good and TETRIS MACHINE!

Club Foot (Source: Yelp.cm)

Check out My Space link for more on Club Foot.

Hours: Sun to Fri - 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.; Sat - 8 p.m. to 3 a.m.

Contact Details:

1824 W Augusta Blvd (Between Ashland and Damen) Chicago Il 60622

Tel: 773-489-0379

2. Green Mile Jazz Club (Recommended)

If you like strong drinks and great music then Green Mill Jazz Club is the right place for you. Rumors are Johnny Depp used to hang out here. Great ambiance, delicious food, awesome music - you get it all here.

Green Mile Jazz Club

(Source: Martin Cathrae)

Here's a review:

This place is the absolute real deal. It is exactly what you expect and want a jazz club to be. Affordable cover ($12), killer band (Quintet), great drinks and a true Chicago character that owns and runs the joint. He likes it quiet when the band plays and the place was full of respectful listeners. The decor is right out of the 40's and 50's and if you want to go where locals go for real Jazz in Chicago, this is the place. Make the effort, you won't be dissapointed.

Green Mill Jazz Club (Source: Yahoo! Travel)

Address: 4802 N Broadway St, Chicago

Phone: (773) 878-5552

Hours of Fun: 

Mon-Fri 12 pm - 4 am
Sat 12 pm - 5 am
Sun 11 am - 4 am

Cover charge – $4

Need a place to kick back ,relax  while you enjoy a delicious piece of grilled steak and sway to the funky beats of the best bands in Chicago,well that can happen only in Reggies Music Joint.From a strong rock scene culture ,to groovy and soulful R&B bands to reggae ,you get a an exciting mix of every kind of music in Reggie's.

Reggies Music Joint

(Source: Quinn Dombrowski)

Here's a review:

I love this bar and music venue! -the beer selection is fantastic -the booze selection is excellent (Templeton Rye!) -great bands in the Joint -fantastic bands in the venue (Koffin Kats!) -the bartenders rock! Jennette, Jacki, Molly, Burke, KP, and list goes on. -the rooftop bar is not only awesome, but it's open year round I can't say enough good things about Reggie's. If you haven't been there, you ahouls go.

Reggie's Music Joint (Source: Yelp)

Location: 2105 S State St (between 21st St & Cermak Rd),Chicago

Call: (312) 949-0120      

Price : $5

(Source: Andrei Niemimäki)

So, these were my suggestions on cool nightlife options. Do let us know if you need help with anything else. How about accommodation options in the city ? Until then, have a great time !

Cheers,

-Chakshu

Answered by I am a travel freak,love photography and I write about things that fascinate me.:) Chakshu S Raizada

Related Destinations

Comments

Search Hotels

SEARCH HOTELS