FAVORITES

Sunday Brunch in Jackson, Ms

March 1, 2012

Looking for a good place in Jackson where me and my husband can enjoy a really nice sunday brunch. Which places would you suggest?

Favorite

March 2, 2012

Urvashi's answer about where to eat in Char, Sophia's Restaurant, Julep Restaurant, Broad Street Baking Co and Jackson
Eat

Jackson, MS has seen a growth in fine dining restaurants in the past few years. Many of them serve special Sunday brunches. Many of the restaurants specialize in delicious Southern fare, sometimes with an interesting twist.

So indulge in some soul food in this City with Soul.

Mississippi State Capitol (8) (Source: Ken Lund)

The foundations for the Broad Street Baking Company, like a lot of great places, was laid by hardworking Eastern European immigrants in the late 1800s. The place is still run by the Blumenthal family. All baked goods are made by hand right at the bakery, using old-world recipes. They have a wide variety of sandwiches with your choice of bread. The Reuben is a popular choice. They also serve soups, salads, pizzas, pasta and of course, desserts! Do try their amazing fudge cupcakes.

Another reason to go here is to sample their delicious coffee brews that have been awarded the “Golden Cup Award” from the Specialty Coffee Association of America. The Broad Street Baking Company has a casual ambience with outdoor seating. Reservations are not required.

Broad Street Baking Co

milk chocolate chip fudge cupcakes with chocolate ganache icing (Source: ozmafan)

Check out a review for this restaurant:

I love this place when Im visiting my hometown! The coffee is always fresh, the food is hot and fresh, and the staff is so informative and helpful.  My favorite is the cheese grits for breakfast but its a great place for breakfast on the go or a sit-down breakfast menu.

(Source: Broad Street Baking Company & Cafe - Jackson, MS)

Cuisine: American, Desserts

Price: $10 per entree

Hours: Monday - Thursday: 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM; Friday - Saturday: 7:00 AM - 8:30 PM; Sunday: 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM

Address: Banner Hall Shopping Center, I-55 North & Northside Drive, West Frontage Road, Jackson, MS

Telephone: 601-362-2900

Sophia's Restaurant is located at the historic Fairview Inn. This restaurant has a special Sunday Brunch Buffet featuring popular southern cuisine like fried chicken, sweet potatoes, creamed corn, seafood gumbo and much more. The dessert menu boasts of a variety of delicious pies and their homemade bread pudding and banana pudding. It also offers an extensive wine list.

You will also be entertained by pianist Knight Bruce. Though romantic, the ambiance is formal, so you might want to dress up a bit. It has a lovely garden-like setting.

Sophia's Restaurant

gumbo (Source: Southern Foodways Alliance)

A guest's review:

We ordered from the prix fixe menu. My hisband ordered the salmon entree and I the redfish. Both were well-prepared and amazing! Our hostess was wonderful. A quick tour of the surrounding common areas made us planning our return trip for a stay at the Fairview Inn so that we could enjoy all the amenities offered. Our hostess was very nice in having the property Manager come over to talk about the Inn and its history. We parked for free on the property, but an adjacent lot nearby also provides complimentary parking. Visited February 2012

(Source: TripAdvisor)

Cuisine: American, Cajun & Creole

Price: $31 - $50

Sunday Brunch Hours: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM 

Address: 734 Fairview Street, Jackson, MS 39202

Telephone: Toll Free: 888-948-1908; Local: 601-948-3429

You can book a table on OpenTable.

Started by Mary and Patrick Kelly, Julep aims to satisfy connoisseurs of good old southern cooking in a fine dine setting.

Julep is a popular brunch place and the most popular item on their menu is, of course, their award winning fried chicken with a twist - it is served with a honey drizzle (served grilled on request). Their portabello fries (with the special horseradish dip) are also hugely popular with the locals. Other southern favorites include the friend green tomatoes.

The ambience is casual chic. You can have a quiet meal for two as well as enjoy a family brunch. Reservations are not required.

Julep Restaurant

Southern Fried Chicken (Source: iferneinez)

A guest's review:

We are from New Orleans and so are very spoiled by excellent local restaurants (read: hard to please). Our son has been attending Millsaps for two years and this is the first restaurant in Jackson that we have enjoyed. The food is original and delicious, the service is friendly and efficient (and they are also a diverse cast of characters which we from the Big Easy love!), and the atmosphere unassuming. A local gem for Jackson! We will be back for more! Special Features: fit for foodies, great for brunch

(Source: Julep Restaurant & Bar Reviews - Rated by OpenTable Diners)

Cuisine: Southern American

Price: $16-$25

Hours: Monday - Friday 11:00 AM - 2:00 AM; Saturday 10:00 AM - 2 AM; Sunday 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Address: Highland Village, 4500 I-55 North, Suite 105, Jackson, Mississippi 39211

Telephone: 601-362-1411

Char, a fine dining restaurant offers a lovely jazz brunch on Sundays with a live jazz band performance. Their brunch menu consists of soups, salads, appetizers, eggs, sandwiches and burgers. Char's specialty is steaks - beef, veal, lamb. They also have some interesting dessert choices. The ambiance is romantic and formal, so you might want to dress up a bit.

Char

Beef steak & Shrimp combo (Source: jetalone)

A guest's enthusiastic review:

Great live jazz brunch. Attentive service. Out of town & Char came recommended as a nice place for brunch with live music. My mimosa was great & one of the best I've had. I especially like my appetizer: doughnut bites served in a bag that the server shakes up to cover with cinnamon sugar. The vanilla marscarpone on the side was addictive. ( had them box up a few and am eating them as I'm writing.) Also had the Southern Style 'Benny'--a take on the classic eggs benedict but with buttermilk biscuits, country ham, and fried green tomatoes instead. Very filling and could not finish it. Wanted to try dessert and settled on a apple crunch caramel cake topped with really good French vanilla ice cream. Good but I was stuffed and could not finish it either. Nice touch was the jazz trio moving around to different parts of the restaurant to perform.

(Source: Char Restaurant - Jackson, MS)

Cuisine: Steak, seafood

Price: $31 to $50

Hours: Monday - Thursday 11:00 AM - 10:00 PM; Friday - Saturday 11:00 AM - 10:30 PM; Sunday 10:00 PM - 9:00 PM

Address: 4500 I 55 North, Highland Village, Jackson, MS 39211

Telephone: 601-956-9562

Fax: 601-362-6944

You can make reservations on OpenTable.

I hope you liked the selection of places where you could go for a Sunday brunch and find an option that excites you the most.

Hope you and your husband have a good time and enjoy the delectable Southern cuisine.

Cheers,

Urvashi.

1. Map

Answered by I LOVE to travel! If I had my way, I would be traveling at least 2 weeks each month! If only that were possible. Urvashi Rustomfram

Related Destinations

Comments

Get help from travel specialists
Please fill your preferences so that our travel specialists can contact you.

Trip Details
Destinations
Departure Date
No. of days
Additional Requirements

Contact Details
First Name
Last Name
Email ID
Phone Number
Your city of Residence
Submit Request
Mygola promise: We respect your privacy. We will share your request with a maximum of 3 travel specialists. We will not sell your data and we will not spam you.